Last couple of days have been mad.

I’ve had loads of paperwork through – looks like the mortgage is a go, so I’ve asked my mum to start the searches next week. I’ve got some more stuff to send on Monday, but other than that, everything’s coming nicely. I should get the results of the survey next week too, but the mortgage company’s happy with it.

Wednesday night Mark and I had food and drinks with Min in Bluewater. Great laugh, I’m really going to miss Min and the other guys.

Today was fun. We spent the morning getting equipment from Astra’s offices, then a meeting with Daemonn to finalise where we were with my projects and handover. Dan postponed the Facilities meeting so we could go to the pub, and we had a quiet afternoon in the meeting. I’d intended to get some doughnuts from Krispy Kreme for the office, but we didn’t get time at lunch and they didn’t deliver, so Dan let me go over about 4 to pick some up. Canary Wharf security was high today, with security swabbing cars for explosives. Had a laugh with the security guard when she asked where I was going and I said “Mmmmmm….doughnuts”. She laughed and asked me to get her a jam doughnut, and off I drove. On the way I thought, fuckit, it’s a nice day, I’m off home, so why not? So I got the office ones, and bought her one, dropping it off on the way out. Wonder what she thought of it? I hope it made her day. Right, so that’s today’s random act of kindness. 🙂

Last weekend was typical – we had about a half dozen callouts. I was a bit miffed at that – I was stuck in London. This week we’ve had a few as well…*sigh* I can’t wait to get home.

Mal called – he’s coming down tomorrow to go out for drinks with Rich, Em and Mark. I’m off to Andy’s party, but I’ve got to finish packing. We’re loading the cars tomorrow so that when I come back on Sunday morning from Andy’s, I can just jump in the car and go. Why the rush? Well, we’ve got helo training – again. The weather (touch wood) looks good, and I’m damned if this one’s going to screw up, so I’m off for it. I’ll just have to remember to pack my MR kit at the top of the rucksack.

It’s going to be weird leaving. I’ve worked with these guys for 4 years now. The longest job I’ve had, just about matches the longest relationship I’ve had. It’s sad in a way, but I’m excited to be going home to a new start. I just hope everything goes well.

Comments are closed.